HISTORY ABOUT TEDDY EXPORTS
Established in 1987 by Founder, Ms. Amanda Murphy with just 5 artisans began to work from a small mud hut, Teddy has grown up to a manufacturing and designing unit of Textile made-ups and Wooden products today. Located in a Village Alampatti near Thirumangalam, Madurai, Teddy Exports employs more than 650 workers with a turnover of several million US Dollars annually. Teddy Exports has been producing a wide range of a Textiles and Wooden products satisfying to the needs of the International market and Domestic market, with the profits thus obtained are spent through Teddy Trust, a registered charity for innovative and meaningful solutions to the underprivileged communities around Thirumangalam.
ESTABLISHED IN 1987
- Teddy Exports is Fair Trade family owned business started with a mission of ‘Trade not Aid’
- Certified with ISO 9001-2014, SA-8000 and FSC standards.
- With expert artisans capable of making a wide range of both Textile and Wooden products with continuous innovative designs
- Has strong International business trade record with customers in UK, Australia, USA and several other European markets
- The products are made with premium quality materials to meet the individual needs of customers
- From our 1st order of 10000 Footsie Rollers in 1987 for The Body Shop Int. PLC., we have grown to produce over 2.5 Million units in 2017 with a turnover of million Dollars.
OUR VISIONARY FOUNDER
- Ms.Amanda Murphy MBE, the Founder and Proprietrix of Teddy Exports.
- From a failed Vet to The Body Shop store assistant then to overseas volunteer in India, Mrs. Amanda Murphy was shocked to see the poor conditions of local people in spite of their incredible artisan skills, and she was determined to make a difference through ‘Trade not Aid’ program.
- Her ultimate aim was to build a school for the poor and today we are educating over 1000 children from the age 3 to 17 years with schools from KG to the Higher secondary level
- Mrs.Amanda Murphy, Founder, awarded with MBE from HRH Queen Elizabeth II in Oct 1998 recognizing her success in blending entrepreneurial vision and social welfare
- Also Teddy Exports has been awarded with Crown Agents Foundation Award in 1999 for small businesses, recognizing its significant contribution towards sustainable, socioeconomic development of the community