Established in 1992 by Ms. Amanda Murphy, the Founder and Proprietrix of Teddy Exports with the aim to give education to the children of the rural community and enhancing the power of rural women with self-reliance. Since beginning Teddy Trust has been working on HIV/AIDS Prevention Project, TB Prevention Project, Drug Prevention Program, FSW Rehabilitation Project, Veterinary Projects and various other social welfare activities.
TEDDY PRIMARY AND ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
Established in 1994 with recent inclusion of Teddy Nursery school for Kindergarten children, in the age group of 3 to 8 years, are studying in the schools with a glorious beginning of education and the strength increasing about 20 percent every year.
TEDDY HIGH SCHOOL AND HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOLS
Secondary School education is given to the children after passing out from the Primary School upto the age of 15 years. Teddy High School upgraded into Higher Secondary level recently in 2015, this will benefit to children upto the age of 17 years. Around 500 students are on the roll. This is expected to grow still higher in the coming years.
TEDDY SPECIAL SCHOOL
Our vision is to educate rural community also to include the children with special needs. These children are not only given education, but medical attention too with physiotherapy based on individual assessments. We have more than 50 children in the Special school.
- High quality education is provided to over 1000 children from the surrounding 30 villages.
- 100% pass rate for students of the High School to the Government Standard. The local Government School equivalent is 75 – 80% pass rate.
- Above and beyond Government curriculum and many awards achieved at State Level.
- Swimming, Karate (boys & girls), Music & dance, Science Exhibitions etc.
- Dedicated School for the special need children built in 2015.
- 50 children attending who may not otherwise have access to any education.
- The New Higher Secondary School opened in 2015.
- Access to Higher Secondary School leads to minimize dropout rates, especially for girls.
- Several children have progressed to become Teachers in our Schools and Employees in our business.
OUR SCHOOLS DO MORE AND ACHIEVE MORE
Karate is an example of an extra-curricular activity not usually taught in many schools. Teddy School student master Dhanush is just 11 years old, he is a National Level Champion in Karate.
HIV/AIDS PREVENTION PROJECT
The Truck Drivers are prone to get infected with HIV than anyone else in the society. Keeping this in mind our Truck Booth staff are checking the Truckers for HIV/AIDS and follow up them with Counselling and Medical care. More than 200 truckers are being followed at present.
TEDDY COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
In spite of the Government schemes to treat the workers, Quality Medical services are provided through Teddy Community Health Center. All kinds of Emergencies are handled here.
- Teddy Exports main campus has 63 acres of land and is green and lush with Neem and coconut trees with a farm.
- Teddy Windmill provides green energy – in fact, we generate 2.5 times more energy than we use.
- We are certified for Pollution control of Air and Water by the Government. Our own Effluent and Sewage Treatment plants are periodically tested.
AWARDS OF TEDDY EXPORTS
- MBE AWARD - 1998
- CROWN AGENTS FOUNDATION AWARD-1999
- "CROWN AGENTS FOUNDATION AWARD-1999 FOR SMALL BUSINESSES"
- The GIBB Award for Sustainable Development.
- The Rio Tinto Award for Long-term Commitment.